Accessing the Orientation Registration System
Registration for New Student Orientation for freshman will open in late October.
The link to "Register for New Student Orientation" will appear on your TUportal's Next Steps, 2-3 business days AFTER you:
- Submit an OWLcard photo
- Complete the Placement Assessments (if applicable)
- Complete the New Student Questionnaire (NSQ)
- Complete the Temple Preview online
Understanding the Orientation Registration System
The Orientation Registration System lists a number of orientation sessions for Freshmen and Transfer students. Please use the guidelines below to locate the session you should register for:
1. All incoming students for Spring 2019 should register for their orientation session using Self-Service Banner on their TUportal. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into TUportal
- Select "Self-Service Banner" (left menu)
- Select "Look Up Classes"
- Select "2019 Spring Orientation Term"
Note: You must know your the name of the school or college to which you have been admitted. This information was provided on your admissions acceptance letter.
- View the list of schools and colleges at Temple University. This list includes the majors within each school and college.
- If you would like to change your major, please visit our 'Changing Your Major' page.
2. Students should look for a subject with their school/college. All Ambler campus students should contact Temple University Ambler directly at 267-468-8200 to schedule an individual orientation and advising session.
- Psychology majors should look for Liberal Arts
- Biology majors should look for Science & Technology
3. When you locate the subject with your school or college name and proceed to the next step, all available session dates for that school or college will be listed together.
- If a session date is not listed in the Registration System the session is full or closed and we will not be accepting additional students for that session.
4. When you locate the session you would like to register for, click on the box to the left of the session title. A check mark will appear in the box. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Register'. If you registered correctly you will see "Registered Web on [date]".
- You will receive a confirmation email when you register. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24-48 hours, you have not registered correctly. To double check that you have registered correctly, or to see your orientation session date, please follow the directions in the first question on our Frequently Asked Questions page.