Accessing the Orientation Registration System
The link to "Register for New Student Orientation" will appear on your TuPortal's Next Steps, 2-3 business days AFTER you:
- Submit an Owl Card Photo
- Complete the Placement Assessments (if applicable).
- Complete the New Student Questionnaire (NSQ).
- Complete the Temple Preview Online
Understanding the Orientation Registration System
The Orientation Registration System lists a large number of orientation sessions for Freshmen and Transfer students, Main and Ambler Campuses, International students, and specific populations of students (Athletes, Honors Program, etc). Please use the guidelines below to locate the session you should register for:
1. All incoming students for Fall 2017 should register for their orientation session using Self-Service Banner on their TUPortal. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into TUPortal
- Select "Self-Service Banner" (left menu)
- Select "Look Up Classes"
- Select "2017 Fall Orientation Term"
Note: You must know your the name of the school or college to which you have been admitted. This information was provided on your admissions acceptance letter.
- View the list of schools and colleges at Temple University. This list includes the majors within each school and college.
- If you would like to change your major, please visit our 'Changing Your Major' page.
2. Freshmen should look for a subject with their school/college or population (Honors, International, Athletes) as the title. All Ambler campus students should select Ambler Campus Orientation. Examples:
- Freshmen Psychology majors should look for Liberal Arts
- Freshmen Biology majors should look for Science & Technology
Note: Honors Orientation supercedes school/college specific orientations. This session is the same as the other sessions, however the registration process is simply to help us track attendance of specific populations.
3. When you locate the subject with your school or college name and proceed to the next step, all available session dates for that school or college will be listed together.
- If a session date is not listed in the Registration System the session is full or closed and we will not be accepting additional students for that session.
- If you live more than 100 miles from Main Campus and need to arrive the night before your orientation session, please read about the Early Arrival Process on the New Student Orientation page.
- Students who live a far distance from Temple University and cannot drive or fly to Philadelphia for an orientation session, are encouraged to attend the late August orientation (which occurs a few days before Fall semester classes begin). You must contact the Office of Orientation and New Student Programs to be registered for this session, as space is limited.
4. Students admitted into the University Honors Program and Temple University Student Athletes will not register for an orientation session based on their school or college.
- University Honors Program students should look for the subject titled "Honors Orientation" and select their desired date from the list in the next step.
- Student Athletes should register for a subject titled "Athletes Orientation" and select their desired date from the list in the next step.
- International Students should register for the subject titled "International Orientation". For registration information for International Students visit: http://orientation.temple.edu/international-students
5. When you locate the session you would like to register for, click on the box to the left of the session title. A check mark will appear in the box. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Register'. If you registered correctly you will see "Registered Web on [date]".
- You will receive a confirmation email when you register. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24-48 hours, you have not registered correctly. To double check that you have registered correctly, or to see your orientation session date, please follow the directions in the first question on our Frequently Asked Questions page.