The Transfer Ambassador application is currently closed. Please check back in the Spring 2020 semester for information on applying.
The Office of Orientation, New Student and Family Programs (ONSFP) at Temple University supports the transition of new transfer and first-year students. Our mission is to integrate new students and families to the Temple community through innovative and inclusive programming. Through the use of excellence, inclusion, innovation, integrity, and respect, as we aim to prepare Temple students for a fulfilling university experience. Transfer student programs are facilitated through our office, and include Transfer Student Orientation and transfer events at the start of each semester.
Former transfer students are invited to apply for the Transfer Ambassador position within ONSFP. Transfer Ambassadors serve in a mentor role to new Temple transfer students and support transfer student programs throughout the academic year. In this mentorship role, Transfer Ambassadors will ensure that new transfer students have a positive transition experience and will provide transfer students with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Transfer Ambassador position is an opportunity to assist transfer students in their transition to Temple University by connecting them through activities, events, and initiatives.
- Assist new transfer students in their first semester at Temple University by facilitating involvement opportunities, promoting a sense of belonging the Temple community and Philadelphia, and providing resources for personal and academic success.
- Attend one training session on Tuesday, April 30 and one at the start of the fall 2019 semester.
- Assist with Transfer events.
- Assist weekly with email, print, and in-person outreach to transfer students.
- Mentor new transfer students in one-on-one meetings.
- Host walk-in hours for transfer students.
- Actively participate in bi-weekly Transfer Ambassador staff meetings.
- Undergraduate enrollment at Temple University for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and throughout the duration of your employment
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher at the time of application and throughout the duration of employment
- Must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to serve as a role model by modeling professionalism, integrity, and inclusivity
Benefits of Employment:
- Some meals during transfer student events
- Valuable leadership and programming experience
- Professional development and campus resource training
- Transfer Ambassador gear