What is a Student Worker?
Student Workers within the Office of Orientation, New Student & Family Programs are undergraduate students who work to maintain day-to-day operations within the office. These students strive to provide excellent customer service to students, families, and campus constituents while completing essential office tasks that ensure the office runs smoothly on a daily basis.
What does a Student Worker do?
The Orientation, New Student & Family Programs Student Worker is responsible for performing various office functions and helping when needed with office events. These students also serve as the primary source of information for students and family members that contact the office via phone, email, or in person. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting students and families regularly, on the phone, via email, and in person, with all aspects of the Office of Orientation, New Student & Family Programs and making referrals to appropriate areas as necessary.
- Responsibility for knowing and assisting with (i.e. answering phone calls, helping with walk-ins) general Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards office activities.
- Arriving for scheduled work hours promptly; arrange for coverage if unanticipated conflicts in scheduling occur.
- Providing general office assistance.
- Possessing knowledge of Temple University.
- Providing a welcoming, inclusive environment for staff, students and families.
- Demonstrating professional and effective communication skills.