New Student Orientation
All incoming first-year students for Fall 2019 will participate in New Student Orientation - a two day, overnight program that includes academic advisement, course registration, meeting other students, and much more!
New Student Orientation sessions take place throughout the summer and registration is open. Before you can sign-up for your New Student Orientation, you must complete items listed in your Next Steps Channel on TUportal. For a full list and detailed overview of these items, check out the Next Steps Before Registering page.
2019 New Student Orientation Dates
NOTE: You will select an orientation date based on your school/college. Not every school/college offers orientation for all of the dates, so please note the exceptions below.
- Monday, June 17 – Tuesday, June 18
- Monday, June 24 – Tuesday, June 25
- Except: School of Sports, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Thursday, June 27 – Friday, June 28
- Except: College of Education
- Monday, July 1 – Tuesday, July 2
- Except: College of Education, Klein College of Media & Communication, School of Sports, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Monday, July 8 – Tuesday, July 9
- Except: Tyler School of Art
- Thursday, July 11 – Friday, July 12
- Except: Boyer College of Music and Dance, School of Sports, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Monday, July 15 – Tuesday, July 16
- Except: College of Education, School of Sports, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Thursday, July 18– Friday, July 19
- Except: College of Education
- Monday, July 22 – Tuesday, July 23
- Except: Klein College of Media & Communication, School of Sports, Tourism & Hospitality Management, School of Theater, Film, & Media Arts
- Thursday, July 25 – Friday, July 26
- Except: Boyer College of Music and Dance, College of Education
- Monday, July 29 – Tuesday, July 30
- Wednesday, August 21 – Thursday, August 22
All orientation sessions are now open. Availability is based on session capacity and only sessions with available seats will appear when registering.
Students are expected to attend the entire orientation program including all presentations and small group discussions. Students who miss part of orientation, arrive late, or need to leave early may be asked to make up the missed portion, and/or may be unable to register for classes. Lunch and dinner will be provided on Day 1 and breakfast and lunch will be provided on Day 2.
Housing: Overnight housing is provided during your New Student Orientation with the exception of the final orientation session in August. Students living in on-campus housing attending the final session will be given an early move-in date to move into your permanent housing assignment before the start of orientation. Students living off-campus attending the final session will not be provided overnight accommodations.
Student Code of Conduct: Students attending orientation sessions are expected to abide by all policies outlined in the Temple University Student Conduct Code, including the Drug and Alcohol Policy. This policy prohibits the unlawful use of alcohol and drugs, as well as the use of and possession of alcohol and drugs on-campus and in University residence halls. Violations of this policy will be referred to Campus Safety Services and the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. View the Student Conduct Code.
Disability Resources and Services: If you require accommodations for online placement assessing and/or orientation, please follow the instructions for requesting and receiving accommodations on the Disability Resources and Services website.