New Student Orientation
All incoming first-year students for Fall 2020 will participate in New Student Orientation - a two day, overnight program that includes academic advising, course registration, meeting other students, and much more!
New Student Orientation sessions take place throughout the summer and registration will open on Monday, April 6, 2020. Before you can sign-up for your New Student Orientation, you must complete the following steps listed in your Next Steps Channel on TUportal. For a full list and detailed overview of these items, check out the Next Steps Before Registering page.
- Pay university deposit
- Activate your Temple University AccessNet Account
- Activate your official TUmail email account
- Submit your OWLcard photo online
- Complete Placement Assessments (if applicable) and the New Student Questionnaire
- Complete the Temple Preview online
- Register for New Student Orientation
Orientation includes presentations, academic advising, course registration, social activities, and small group discussions covering a wide range of topics related to the academic and co-curricular experience. Students are expected to attend the entire orientation program including all presentations and small group discussions. Students who miss part of orientation, arrive late, or need to leave early may be asked to make up the missed portion, and/or may be unable to register for classes. You should plan to be on campus until 4:00pm on the second day of your orientation, including spending the night in White Residence Hall (housing provided).
- Check-in Information: 8:00am-8:30am in The Liacouras Center (1776 N. Broad St.). Late check-in will only be available between 9:00-9:30am in the Temple Performing Arts Center.
- Housing: Overnight housing will be provided during all New Student Orientation sessions excluding the final August session.
- Meals: Lunch and dinner will be provided on Day 1 and breakfast and lunch will be provided on Day 2.
- Early Arrival: Students who live more than 100 miles from Temple's Main Campus may arrive the night before their registered orientation session for a $35 fee. Students who wish to arrive the night before their orientation session must complete the Orientation Early Arrival Application.
- Student Code of Conduct: Students attending orientation sessions are expected to abide by all policies outlined in the Temple University Student Conduct Code, including the Drug and Alcohol Policy. This policy prohibits the unlawful use of alcohol and drugs, as well as the use of and possession of alcohol and drugs on-campus and in University residence halls. Violations of this policy will be referred to Campus Safety Services and the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. View the Student Conduct Code.
- Disability Resources and Services: If you require accommodations for online placement assessments and/or orientation, please follow the instructions for requesting and receiving accommodations on the Disability Resources and Services website.
- Family & Guests: Encourage your family members to attend our (optional) Parent & Family Orientation program.